It’s all about relief …
If you’ve experience pain, tension or had a muscular injury as a result of an accident, overuse of a muscle group, repetitive strain or you’ve recently had surgery, remedial massage can bring relief.
Remedial massage supports healing of a specific part of the body, by relieving muscular pain and re-educating muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues.
It aids in faster repair and helps restore your body to the healthy level of functioning.
What to expect
By applying pressure and manual techniques to your problem area remedial massage is stimulating circulation of blood and lymph and breaking down knots, which lead to pain relief and relaxing or releasing tight and overused muscles.
If you feel stuck or restricted, lengthening and stretching techniques to tight or tense muscles and connective tissue, as well as taking the joint through its range of motion, will improve functioning enabling you to move freely without discomfort.
How does Remedial Massage help you?
The word remedial comes from the word ‘remedy’ or healing:
- It is mainly known to reduce or eliminate acute and chronic strain, pain, tension or cramps and manage musculoskeletal conditions.
- It eases discomfort by loosening stiffness and improving restricted or limited movement. It can also assist with the rehabilitation of muscular injuries and painful scar tissue.
- If you work long hours behind a computer, it will relief muscular pain related to postural, overuse or repetitive strain.
- It could prevent further injury, helping you to maintain optimal health and an active lifestyle.
Conditions that could benefit from remedial massage:
- Pain in lower back, shoulder, neck, jaw
- Rotator Cuff injuries’, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, RSI, Epicondylitis (tennis/golfers elbow)
- Scar tissue
- Pregnancy-related symptoms
- Fluid accumulation or oedema
- Respiratory conditions like hyperventilation or asthma
- Inflammatory conditions like osteoarthritis
How will we assist you?
Our focus is on getting results, finding the right spots, reducing or eliminating pain and restoring functioning to enable you to do things you thought you couldn’t do anymore.
We listen to your story, assess nd palpate the specific area to identify which area of soft tissue needs treating. We then compose a personalised treatment plan choosing the most appropriate techniques for the best results.
Our highly skilled and qualified massage therapist will blend techniques from Swedish, deep tissue, sports massage, trigger points, tapotement, stretching and lengthening, and acupressure, into an effective remedial massage.
Our goal is to help you achieve yours. Put yourself in good hands.