UPDATE 2/7/2021: Remedial and Therapeutic massage are classed as essential services by NSW Health.
Keeping you and us Safe
Hygiene and infection control is a part of a massage therapist’s training. Seeing these unusual times, we like to share the precautions we are taking in our clinic
Things we always do to be clean and sanitary:
✅ Use fresh linen for each client
✅ Wash our hands thoroughly with disinfectant before each and after client
✅ Our treatment environment is clean and sanitary
✅ Bathrooms and shared spaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected
✅ Clients are asked not to attend if they are unwell or sick
At the moment we also adding the precautions of:
✅ Longer time between appointments to give us time to end the consult and clean appropriately
✅ Ask you to wait outside before your appointment until the other client has left.
✅ Maintain 1,5 distance when consulting before and after treatment or when paying
✅ Provide sanitising hand wash for each client on entering and leaving the room
✅ Wear a mask when treating
✅ Wipe down surfaces (including doorknobs) using a disinfectant wash on commonly touched surfaces before each client
✅ Sorry no face, jaw and head massage
Take a moment to read the guidelines before you book a massage.
Guidelines for booking a massage
Please consider your safety when booking an appointment if you:
- Have a compromised immune system function
- Have multiple morbidities meaning co-occurring diseases. For example; a person could have diabetes and heart disease, and high blood pressure.
- Fall in a risk category
When coming into the clinic please:
- Wear a face mask
- Check-in with the QR code
- Sanitise your hands
- Maintain 1,5M social distance when waiting, consulting or paying
Please refrain from coming in when:
- You have symptoms of fever/cough/sore throat/shortness of breath
- Return from international travel until you have done your 14 days quarantine and cleared for COVID-19
- Been in a hotspot, in contact with someone in a hotspot or COVID-19 carrier. (You may carry the virus and spread it, but not experience symptoms. This is called a-symptomatic.)
If you got tested and have a negative Covid result you are welcome to come in. Otherwise, please reschedule for a fortnight or later.
Pregnancy and Massage during COVID-19
For all of you who are pregnant and experiencing aches and pains due to your growing baby, we hear you.
Pregnancy Massage is classed as remedial when there are postural and muscular-related problems. However, this is a personal choice and we like you to make an informed decision about booking an appointment.
If you are pregnant or just given birth and nervous about how COVID-19 affects you, your baby, and the birth please visit RANZCOG and learn more
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or wish to book an appointment. Anna and Mariska look forward to assisting you.