A relaxed baby is a happy baby!
Touch is a wonderful way to bond and gives time to play with your child.
Massaging your little one not only aids in relaxation and helping them sleep better, but also helps tone muscles, speeds brain and nervous system development, strengthens the immune system and can relieve discomforts associated with teething, chest and sinus congestion, colic and reflux. Learn more about benefits.
A connection and form of expression that will last a lifetime!
Mariska is a certified infant massage instructor and paediatric consultant, and a member of IMIS. As a former maternity nurse she has great affection for infants and loves teaching parents and seeing them grow in confidence.
What will you learn?
- The permission sequence
- What are appropriate oils to use
- Recognizing cues for massage time
- Best time to massage and how long and how often
- Full body massage routine – legs, belly, chest, back, arms and face
- Right pressure to use and which areas to be mindful off
- Specific techniques for colic, wind, constipation and reflux
- Exercises for flexibility and to assist lymphatic flow
- Contraindications for massage
- Baby and Bath time
- Discussion about bonding
- Techniques to use for toddlers and older children
At the end of training, you know how to perform a full baby body massage, safely, at the best time for bubba.
It’s fun to do and a great skill to have. Newborns love, love, love it!! And you will too. Mummy and Daddy proof!
Is your baby brain still active? Don’t worry, strokes are taught a little at a time to ensure you gain confidence with the technique and to gradually build up your baby’s tolerance levels. You will get a manual to take home with you and you can purchase a DVD to practice in between session.
How old before I can start massaging? You can massage from day one. Older babies up to 12 months are welcome too. Got a toddler? You can bring them along or choose to find a baby sitter so you can have one on one time with your newborn.
If your baby doesn’t feel like a
Organize you own group
We come to you in your own home or venue.
A great activity for your mothers- or playgroups or your pregnancy yoga group. Contact us
Join our groups class and get an in dept understanding and skilled in full body baby massage techniques the baby massage course.
Group classes provide an opportunity to connect with other parents and share the journey of motherhood.
Groups are kept small to max 4-6 mums/dads & baby.
Classes run over a 4 week period.
4 x 1 hour sessions – 6 parents maximum – Total costs $100.00 per person
What to bring
- A change mat and two towels
- Wear comfortable clothing as we sit on the floor
What I provide
- Free 125 ml Baby massage oil for you to keep
- Free instruction manual for you to keep
- Full instructions for infant massage strokes
Please feel welcome to arrive 15 minutes early to feed and settle your baby.
New group classes in Epping starting April 2021
UPCOMING DATES 2021: See Facebook for more event information. Or click the link below to book your classes.
We will contact your prior to the date to get to know you and your baby’s needs a little.