Harmonize to restore
Reflexology is a gentle, relaxing natural holistic therapy that can assist with many stresses, physical conditions, and emotional imbalances. An ancient practice based on the principle that there are points on the feet, hands, ears, and face which reflect the body’s health.
What to expect?
Your feet and hands are like a treasure map for a reflexologist. The shapes, lines, and grooves of your foot and toes and the colour, tone, and temperature of your skin tell a thousand stories!
Tiny imbalances can be detected by touching the feet and hands. During a reflexology session pressure is applied to reflex points or sensory nerves endings, utilizing specific thumb, finger and hand techniques. A response is initiated to the relating organ, glands or tissue in the body, triggering the body’s the natural healing power to kick in.
A fusion of Western and Chinese reflexology techniques are used. Implementing meridians, acupressure points, energetic and hand or feet reflexology, clearing impaired or blocked neural pathways and stimulation of the free flow of energy. Addressing both the physical and energetic system increases the efficiency of the reflexology treatment.
In general, the treatment feels wonderful, relaxing and soothing. When working on your feet you may experience some discomfort in certain areas. However, this will usually be brief indicating areas of imbalance in the body. (No, it doesn’t tickle or give you excruciating pain. And yes, we cleanse your feet.)
Treatments can be therapeutic or be focusing on a specific problem. Depending on your reason to visit and your state of health, we discuss a personalized treatment plan altering the intensity, duration, and frequency of your sessions.
Reflexology is a natural therapy and incorporates the whole person. Results depend on the person overall state of health, lifestyle, self-healing ability, and frequency of visits.
Benefits of Reflexology
Reflexology’ aim is to bring harmony to body and mind and restore the natural balance or homeostasis and can produce the same sensation of relaxation and calm as that of a full body massage.
Reflexology is well known as an amazing way to reduce daily stress level and the symptoms stress through its calming, soothing, relaxing effect.
Foremost, it calms the nervous system and improves it functioning to restore the body to its natural rhythm, and create well-being and a balance between body and mind. Some of additional proven benefits of reflexology are:
- Improves circulation and energy flow in organs, muscles and tissues Detoxes the body of toxins, waste disposal and impurities
- Strengthens our immune system, enhancing lymphatic function to maintain good health, ward off illness and decreases healing time for injuries as well as the reduction of swelling from injuries and illness
- Promotes circulation and energy flow in organs, muscles, and tissues. Speeding up the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to cells and removes waste products, toxins, and excess liquids from the body more quickly.
- Increasing the energy level for vitality and sense of well being
- Assists to restores mental alertness and better concentration
- Generates an anesthetic effect that functions as pain relief releasing endorphins, the body natural pain killers.
Subsequently, can break the vicious circle of unsolved minor health problems and assist in resolving or manage numerous physical complaints and ailments. Some examples are:
- Digestive and Bowel disorders, including constipation
- Cardiovascular/circulation problems
- Diabetes II
- Sleep problems or Insomnia
- Hormonal dis balances
- Menstrual problems (PMS, irregular periods, pain & cramps)
- Menopause symptoms (Hot flashes, Night sweating, Hormonal fluctuations)
- Anxiety, Depression
- Moodiness, Irritability
- Asthma, Hyperventilation
- Pre-and PostNatal and relieving pregnancy ailments (Learn more)
Reflexology is for people of all ages. Treatments can be general, therapeutic or focused on a specific problem addressing related areas. It complements other treatments and is wonderful as self care health maintenance.
Please enquire what reflexology can do for you or organize an initial consult.
Service available at Epping & Phegans Bay
The massage last Tuesday was great - I went into labour and had a little girl on Thursday! The relaxation helped and I had a very short labourLouise11 months ago